What are Sustainable Flooring Systems?
Sustainable ("green" or "eco-friendly") floors utilize sustainable and/or recycled materials. Floors can also be considered eco-friendly based on the disposal of the materials upon replacement. Poured-in-place, seamless floors are part of the building’s structure, unlike many other products.
Benefits of Sustainable
Installing sustainable floors shows a commitment to the environment and allows businesses to meet with certain regulations.
Benefit highlights include:
- Making a commitment to a healthier planet
- Meeting regulations and low emissions criteria
- Promoting the use of recycled or renewable materials
In some cases, there are requirements for industry to meet certain environmental standards, but often businesses look to set a standard when it comes to sustainability.
Recommended industries include:
Our team of Territory Managers, Architectural and Engineering Representatives will assist you in finding the best sustainable floor for your environment.
Recommended products include:
- Stonclad GR - This product utilizes 25% recycled glass fillers and a rapidly renewable component to enhance the material and make an environmental impact.
- Stonclad G2 - This product utilizes recycled glass and plant-based resins. It is formulated for food environments to withstand thermal shock and cycling.
- Stonblend GSI-G - This product utilizes recycled glass aggregate in the surface of the system, creating a modern appearance, while remaining environmentally responsible.
- Stonclad UT - This product is formulated with sustainable material. UT is a polyurethane textured mortar system that withstands thermal shock/cycling and is ideal for food environments.
- Stonclad UR - This product is formulated with sustainable material. UR is a polyurethane mortar system designed for rapid installation in food environments.
- Stonclad UL - This product is formulated with sustainable material. UL is a polyurethane mortar system that is self-leveling and designed for dry food environments.
- Stonshield UTS - This product is formulated with sustainable material. UTS is a polyurethane polyaspartic textured system that resists thermal shock and thermal cycling.
- Stonres RTZ - This resilient flooring system is formulated with sustainable material and is highly recommended for healthcare environments (especially ORs), as well as educational and public spaces.
- Stonres STR - This resilient urethane flooring system is formulated with sustainable material. It has a matte finish and is ideal for open space projects.
- Stoncrete EFX - aggregate choice includes recycled glass